Friday, June 09, 2006

Microsoft IE 7 Turned Me Into a Human Robot (or) A Human Robot Revisited

OH MY STARS! I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT I WROTE IN THE LAST BLOG ABOUT BEING A HUMAN ROBOT YEARS AGO AND TODAY I HAD TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!

In case you are not following my blog daily, as I know millions - possibly billions – are (judging from the grand total of 8 comments I have received), I was giving a little background about the beginnings of our company, USCITY.NET. In it I mentioned having to do tasks on the computer (usually coding) over and over 51 times for each state page (this was before our genies in the programming department stepped in) in our website directory. Then today, thanks to Microsoft’s new Windows Internet Explorer 7, anyone trying to add their link to our site and leaving the information needed to add the site was given an error saying that we were phishing. I cannot tell you how insane that is. The people I work for and with are the most honest, trustworthy people that ever composed any business.

Anyway I am getting off the subject. So since people were getting this error, we had to fill out a report to send to Microsoft re: our site being legitimate, having a privacy policy, etc. and guess what? – THAT’S RIGHT - had to do it 51 times. Back to being a human robot. On the brighter side, I now have an assistant AND she is back from her cruise, so I had help this time around. I just thought how ironic it was to write in the blog about it one day and then have it happen to me again the next day.

Hmmm. I think winning the lottery would be wonderful.

AND our apologies to anyone who has gotten this error by trying to submit a link to our directory. Please try again, and email us if you have any problems.

No comments: